Intend for a much greater chef? Who does not! Searching for some new, fun, and food selection concepts? Who isn’t! The desire attempt new recipes and to prepare dishes is some thing we all want todo. Spinach turnovers – fatayer bi sabanegh maybe the main one you’re looking for.
Spinach turnovers – fatayer bi sabanegh. Spelling variations may include Fatayer bil Sabanegh, Fatayer be Sabanegh, or Fatayer Bes Sabanekh. Spinach is combined with onions and seasoned with sumac, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne. It is lightly coated in a lemon and olive oil dressing before sealing inside circles of dough and.
Spinach Fatayer are a staple of Levantine cuisine. Homemade dough stuffed with fresh spinach, onions, and other delicious ingredients, these are truly irresistible. A delicious mezze, these fatayer are found alongside the classic appetizers of hummus, lahm bi ajeen and kibbe.
Among the greatest points which you are able to do is to cook with relatives or buddies. If you cook with someone else, you may be able to select up on methods that they apply and will be able to better yourself as a chef. Talk with them to determine exactly how their thought process works to boost your know-how.
You can cook Spinach turnovers – fatayer bi sabanegh using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spinach turnovers – fatayer bi sabanegh
- Prepare of – For the dough:.
- Prepare 3 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of dried yeast, dissolved in ¼ cup warm water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of For the stuffing:.
- Prepare 1 of onion, minced.
- Prepare 2 kg of fresh spinach.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of sumac.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of pomegranate syrup, if available.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
These popular spinach pastries are a staple within the sea of mezze at the Middle Eastern table, every family adding the thumbprint that makes theirs, theirs. This recipe is my Teta's – my grandmother's – so to me, it is perfect in every way. The dough is crisp on the outside. spinach fatayer/Lebanese spinach pies/ spinach turnovers Spinach Fatayer – Fatayer bi Sabanekh – (Spinach Pies).
Spinach turnovers – fatayer bi sabanegh step by step
- In a large bowl, combine all the dough ingredients together, except the vegetable oil. Mix well..
- Add the oil gradually while kneading until you obtain a firm, smooth dough. Add more water if needed..
- Cover the dough with a kitchen cloth and leave it to rest for around 2 ½ hr in a warm place until it rises..
- Meanwhile, start preparing the stuffing by washing the spinach, drying it and mincing it coarsely. Make sure to dry very well the spinach because too much moisture affects the dough when filled..
- In a bowl, combine the minced spinach and minced onions with the sumac, oil, pomegranate syrup and salt. Mix well..
- After the dough has risen, knead it again, with some flour on your hands. Divide the dough into big parts and roll each part on a lightly floured surface using a rolling pin. Cut the dough into small 8 cm diameter circles using a circular pastry cutter..
- Put 1 tablespoon of the stuffing in the center of each circle. Hold the dough from 3 sides and fold it in the form of a triangle, press sides together to seal well. Lightly grease two oven pans with vegetable oil and place the pies on them; pinched side up..
- Insert the pan in the oven and bake until the top and bottom of the pies turn lightly brown..
- They can be served hot or cold..
I wish you could have tasted Asma's fatayers! They were the best in Beirut! The dough was so thin and translucent and so buttery. The spinach filling was melting with just the right touch of tartness. Asma was a Kurdish lady and mother of seven, who.
If you find this Spinach turnovers – fatayer bi sabanegh recipe useful charm allowance it to your connections or family, thank you and good luck.