If you are a brand new cook and do not have a lot of experience cooking, it’s ideal to look for easy-to-follow Hodge-Podge “Clean Out the Fridge” Chicken Soup recipes, even since they may guide you on your cooking adventure. It is possible to start out using the most basic of recipes, even if this is what you want to get, and work your way upward from there, based on what it is you want.
Hodge-Podge “Clean Out the Fridge” Chicken Soup.
After cooking, salt is an essential spice. Add a pinch of salt into the mix to balance the sweetness out when making sweets.
You can have Hodge-Podge “Clean Out the Fridge” Chicken Soup using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hodge-Podge “Clean Out the Fridge” Chicken Soup
- Prepare of Dark-meat chicken 2lbs (I prefer bone on to later make bone broth).
- You need of Onion- 1/2 large, 1 whole small.
- Prepare of Carrots- 2 whole peeled, thin circle slices.
- You need of Celery- 2 whole stalks diced.
- It’s of Garlic- 2-4 cloves (or however much you prefer), chopped.
- You need 3 cups of veggies of your choice (I used left over corn, peas, spinach, and mushrooms).
- You need of Wild Rice- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal-prep).
- You need of Black Beans- 1 cup cooked (leftover from our weekly meal prep).
Hodge-Podge “Clean Out the Fridge” Chicken Soup step by step
- In our house, all soups start with the same basic formula (onion, celery, carrot, garlic and bone broth- Love ya mom!). Gather these ingredients and find a heavy pot (we use a cast iron stock pot), but use what you have..
- Prepare your protein (chicken in this case) by searing it in butter or any oil you choose covered (in the soup pot if you want to save on dishes!). This step helps the protein to retain its natural moisture content and prevent that rubbery texture of say…of boiled chicken, yuck!.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool. Toss it into a bowl, plate etc..
- Add a bit more butter/oil to the pot, set to medium heat and toss in the diced onion, carrot, celery till tender (5 mins or so), then add chopped garlic for a minute or two… stirring so it doesn't burn. We stay on medium heat for the rest of the process..
- Add stock. Add leftovers. Add chicken. Add spices and whatever else you want to the pot..
- Simmer for a few… 10-20 minutes depending on what you had for leftovers. Taste test. Serve hot. (Maybe with an ice cube for the littles).
- Enjoy with fam..
If you locate this Hodge-Podge “Clean Out the Fridge” Chicken Soup recipe useful absorb ration it to your contacts or family, thank you and good luck.