If you are a new cook and don’t have a lot of experience cooking, it is ideal to look for easy-to-follow Okra and Lamb : Bamia Stew recipes, even as they can lead you on your cooking experience. It’s possible to begin out using the most basic of recipes, even if this is what you want to find, and work your way upward from there, depending on what you are looking for.
Okra and Lamb : Bamia Stew.
One of the best things that you can do is to prepare family or friends. If you cook with someone else, you’ll have the ability to detect techniques they apply and be in a position to better on your own. Speak to determine their thought process works to elevate your competence
You can have Okra and Lamb : Bamia Stew using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Okra and Lamb : Bamia Stew
- It’s 500 g of fresh okra, ends trimmed.
- Prepare 500 g of lamb, or beef diced.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of white rice.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 4 of tomatoes, peeled and cubed.
- It’s of juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, diluted in 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried mint.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- You need 2 of beef broth cubes, diluted in 2 cups of water.
- Prepare of fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Prepare of salt to taste.
Okra and Lamb : Bamia Stew step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large saucepan, fry the okra with ½ cup vegetable oil until it becomes tender. Remove and keep aside..
- Fry the onions, in a deep pan, with ½ cup of vegetable oil until they become soft. Then add in the garlic, meat and coriander. Season with salt, pepper and mint. Stir until the meat begins to brown..
- Add in the tomato paste, cubed tomatoes, and 1/2 cup of meat broth. Mix well and let it simmer over low heat until the liquid is absorbed..
- Transfer the meat mixture to an oiled circular casserole. Then distribute the okra evenly on top of it..
- Pour the remaining meat broth and lemon juice over the stew. Cover the casserole with either a lid or foil and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. Check from time to time and add in water if the mixture is dry..
- Serve hot with white rice on the side..
If you find this Okra and Lamb : Bamia Stew recipe useful divert allocation it to your associates or family, thank you and good luck.